Thursday, May 27, 2010

My Workplace





Here are some views of my workplace and its environment. The two photos above picture the entrance to my "professorial work area" :-) The one on the right depicts the entrance to my work area and its immediate environment, with the work places of Anna Ingólfsdóttir (left) and Magnús Halldórsson (right, behind the stand where we place some of our recent papers and books). This is the heart of our ICE-TCS enclave.

Can one work in such an environment? So far, the answer seems to be yes, but this is mainly because I am starting to believe one can work anywhere provided everyone in one's neighbourhood adheres to some basic ground rules.

Is the open-space environment conducive to academic work? This I am much less convinced about.

To conclude, here is what the open-space work environment looks like when I arrive at work in the morning. (The photo is taken from outside my cubicle.)

No comments: