Tuesday, November 13, 2007

My Web Page Has Moved

My directories in Aalborg are about to be closed down, so after three years I have finally needed to move my web pages to Reykjavík University. I have been loathe to do so until now because Aalborg was ensuring adequate visibility on the web to my pages. My web page used to come out as first link in a Google search for "Luca Aceto" and was one of the top hits in a Google search for "Aceto" (where I am competing with the vinegar producers :-)).

My fears have now materialized. This search does not find my RU web page on the first page, which is not good. I'll have to explain to our web administrator that if Google can't find my home page, I basically don't exist.

Luckily, however, this blog is still visible and from there one can find my home page in a rather roundabout way :-)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why don't you link to your webpage more prominently on this blog? That might solve the problem -- temporarily.

Luca Aceto said...

Thanks for the suggestion! I have made my web pages more visible by adding them to the side bar for the blog.

I should have thought about doing so myself :-(

I still need to have a word with our local web administrator though.